Sunday, January 04, 2009

faceless.memories

This will be a rough day for me.  

This date is full of terrible memories.

But those memories remind me of where God has brought me from.

It doesn't make the pain go away.  

But, God will bring me peace today.  

I'm sure.

Wrote a song about this day 2 years ago.  Released on an electronica album called ".red" and am getting ready to release it on "faceless".

Here are the words, 
     
     Could it be that I was the one
     Who hurt your daughters and your sons
     I'm ashamed of the pain I've caused
     And now its running back to me

    Could it be that You were the One
    Who showed Your mercy to Your son
     You're not ashamed of all I've done
     And now You're running after me

So, I'm making decisions today to try my best to be optimistic, to let God bring me some sort of peace and rest in today.

My friend, Nick, wrote a song called Voices, and I'm making its words my anthem for the day.

     I am satisfied 
     with what the world brings
     And I have my mind
     To make my bed inside 
     Peace 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know what's another beautiful thing about God? He never leaves us alone to suffer or cope with the things in our pasts that bother us.
When I read the date you posted this, my jaw dropped, Mel. Because you said the date was full of terrible memories. Believe it or not, you're not alone. January 3rd, 2008 was the worst night of my life. Yeah, I was only 16 then, but it was bad. The following months weren't good either. I don't think I felt happy again until early June.
But it's 2009 now, and just like you, this January 3rd reminded me just how far He has been able to bring me. I am the happiest I have ever been. God has taken away my pain; He made me anew.
I hope He is doing great things in your life right now.
I'll see you around CBG [in Easter?]. -- @avowtostay

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home