Wednesday, January 07, 2009

faceless.lonely

who am i?

am i name?  am i person?

a lot of people know "mel washington".  but they don't know who Mel Washington is.

I am a 24 year old man.  Sometimes I feel like a 6 year old boy.

I am an adult with tons of responsibilities.  Sometimes I feel like I am the most irresponsible person in the world. 

I am a follower of Christ.  Sometimes I feel the like the vilest sinner alive.

I have been told I have good ideas.  Sometimes, my ideas are what get the best of me and cause me lifelong problems.

I have lots of good things to say.  Sometimes I sound like a fool.

I am a humble person.  Sometimes I come across arrogant.

I am a confident person.  Sometimes I'm the most insecure person you'll meet.

I have lots of friends.  1,047 according to Facebook.   1564 according to my phone.  But some nights, when I pillow my head, according to my heart, zero.

I have a family.  Sometimes I feel like an orphan.

I have name. But nothing more than a name.

I have no heart.  I am faceless.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

this is so sincere and true about most of us.

5:26 AM  
Blogger callie said...

i don't even know you, but i want you to know that i feel like the most vile of sinners tonight. it is encouraging to know that i am not the only person to feel this way. and neither are you.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

This spoke to a deeper part of me because I've been feeling alot like this lately. On a side note: are you still releasing anything on itunes? I thought that shit came out today.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jim Peake said...

you write what many of us feel but are too caught up in fear of failure. well written. with appreciation. -- @jimpeake

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home