Sunday, February 22, 2009

faceless.pause

I had a really cool opportunity to speak to some folks this morning at a gathering in Beaumont, TX.

Talked to them about my life.  How I've been realizing how God has brought me out of some sort of Egypt [a place of bondage], just as He did the Children of Israel.   He has brought me into a wilderness [and oh it feels like that more times than not]. But,  I must acknowledge that He has given me manna for every day.  

I'm learning what my manna is.  I'm learning that God has given me strong friends, family, communities, co-workers, to help get me through the season of life that I've come into.

I have no clue how God works it all out, but He does.  He gives a dirty, dirty person like me, manna every day.  I have these moments where God is whispering to me saying, "Hey, I'm taking care of you."

I have to take a moment of pause.  Look at my manna, thank God for my manna, and share my manna with those around me if need be.


2 Comments:

Blogger BigDog1096 said...

Mel I was there in Beaumont yesterday morning and i wanted to tell you that the message you brought was the best message I have heard in a long time. The way you presented the message is what i enjoyed the most and it helped me see what God was doing in my life.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. It came at a good time for me.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home