Wednesday, March 04, 2009

lent.day 3.sanai

In Exodus 19, God brings the children of Israel to a mountain called Sanai.

Its this place where they camp out for a little bit.  Moses, their leader, goes to the mountain top to talk with God.

God speaks to Moses and gives him direction for the children of Israel.  But more than direction, He gives them a calling.  He tells Moses to the tell the people to be for Him, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.  In essence,  its as if God gives them a mission, a calling that day.

The interest thing is that they haven't arrived at this point (to the Promised Land).

God gives a CALLING to a group of people who are being brought out of bondage but haven't reached the Promised Land yet.  I was reminded of that today.  I feel like I'm at a place of Sanai over the past couple of days.  I definitely haven't arrived.  But I feel like I'm receiving a new calling with my life.  Maybe I'll write more about it later. Eh?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home